New (beta) Charts - Feedback / Issues

The Volume Profile indicator in the beta chart version does not allow for the selecting of a non-color (color with slash) for ‘profile color’, ‘background color’ and ‘volume labels’. In the non beta charts this allowed one to just display the POC and Value lines without the profile cluttering things up.

I see you are about to release this bata Chat as default, not sure that’s good when there is Lag in the order process.

When adjusting the order position there is quite a lag to the up date see image below.

Another Lag in the Beta Charts is when you Cancel an Order it lags before removing it, which is something horrible for a trading platform.
In the image below when I click the “X” I immediately move cursor to the left so you can see the delay in the process of canceling. There is no lag at all on the Legacy Charts in comparison.

We’re having a look at the desktop version and this behavior

1 Like

How do we turn off this crazy moment on the Chart, i trade on a computer not a Tablet?
This type of inertia makes it difficult to trade.

Just a few bugs/issues I’m still seeing in the beta (web version):

1. Crosshairs still “stuck” on the chart even when you move cursor off the chart. Old chart behavior is that if you move the cursor off any chart, the crosshairs immediately disappear so you can see the chart clearly.

2. Candlestick bars still look a bit different than the old charts. Not sure if it’s a spacing issue between bars or just because it’s a different GUI but still prefer the look of the candlesticks on old charts better. The candles just look wider and easier to see. Hard to explain unless you look at them side by side.

3. Still would like to see grid spacing return to like the old charts or at least make it customizable. I trade /YM and can only see grid price in blocks of 20 pts. unless I zoom waaaaay in and at that point, the chart becomes unintelligible.

4. Some 3rd party indicators still not working right. (Tiki Candle Trend, Improved Tiki Trend don’t paint bars correctly.

Thx!

I agree with MadCat. The movement/inertia issue when dragging around a chart on beta is annoying. Old charts were perfect/precise as far as zooming around a chart. If it ain’t broke…

1 Like

Now that i started testing Chart beta, My mac is Locking up and crashing with a Kernel Panic Repot

I’m trying to isolate what is causing it but it did not happen until i started open and testing Chart beta

Mac OSX 10.14.6

same lag when moving (modifying) an order directly on the screen, also if you add an order on say the 1 min chart and try to move it on the tick chart, most of the times it doesn’t let you.

Also the confirmation on bracket orders is back, please take that away or make it optional, sometimes when I get to the confirm button the order, I miss the fill cause the price already bounced, very annoying.

@MadCat kudos for making the gifs, I though about it myself but was too lazy

For some reason the latest release when zooming in and dragging the chart, it feels like we are skating on ice as far as precision. It gets more annoying with the zooming in and out with TPO charts as the chart would go out of the window if you zoom out.

Thanks

We’ve made a few adjustments to the coasting of the plot area when dragging. Those updates will be in the beta release this weekend

Feed back

I encourage you to move the “Lock Chart Icon” button to the Chart setting menu because it will be use rarely (Set and forget option). But the Lock and Hide Drawings buttons would be used constantly. Mapping them to HotKeys would be even better.

1 Like

Maybe this has been reported before - If so I apologize.

When adding a longer term (Monthly) volume profile to the chart it does not scale with the prices.

In other words when I scroll my mouse wheel on the price axis to expand the prices (up and down) the volume profile stays static on the side of the chart and does not adjust with it.

It works fine in the non-beta version of the charts.

Thanks

With all of the recent update, is there are date on when the BETA charts are set to be complete?

Would you be able to tell me if the charts would work better on Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or the desktop?

When I switch between charts or performance chart, coming back often requires a redraw of the chart and bars are missing.

Usually takes a few go’s before it redraws correctly.

Happens more frequently during regular trading hours.

Some weird snapping behaviour with charts when scrolling on price axis.

I have found Issues with Indicators not working properly on the Beta chart, and line quality is SubPar compared to Legacy Chart and just does not function well. I know you want to make this new Beta chart the default soon but from what i experienced it should wait it still feels like its in the Beta stage not release stage. If this was released right now i would still use the Legacy charts even though it does not have all the new features of the Beta chart just purely based on functionality. In the end this is a Trading Platform not a social media platform that deals with real money, I want performance over everything else.

I miss the last tradovate, the image was good, now is too low and dont look good in chrome

Hi @Manuel_abadia

Can you include a screenshot of what you are referring to?

i use this configuration, with two charts in 15 min and 2 min, but when i manipulate, the chart dont look good, the last tradovate looks good,