New (beta) Charts - Feedback / Issues

What used to be circles are now squares in the new beta charts. macdBB indicator shown

This is awful…
Screenshot 2020-10-06 225009

I’m having similar issues with OGC’s Hull Trend indicator. It also no longer shows the moving average’s line. Also VWAP doesn’t work at all for me. Other issues with custom indicators but might be corrected when no longer in beta?

Other issues with Charts (beta) while I’m at it, in case anyone’s interested:

*Slower performance in Safari
*Grid doesn’t show price in the same detail as old chart (on /YM, grid only shows price every 10 pts. instead of every 5 pts. when viewing chart at a reasonable zoom of candlesticks.
*Contrast colors of candlestick bars harder to see with new all black background. Gr
*Moving averages harder to see (much thinner than before)
*Crosshairs get stuck on chart even when you move cursor off the chart
*Histogram & grid hard to see with black background vs grey. Candlestick wicks hard to see too.
*Can no longer duplicate a text by command-clicking on it (Mac).

Thanks for posting your feedback.

Can you provide a little more detail on what you see related to performance on Safari when compared to the old chart?

Cursor lag is the main issue, but also noticeable if you click & hold on the chart and drag around quickly. Overall the old chart has always felt very “snappy” and responsive in Safari for Mac. New beta chart feels a bit sluggish. I believe Chrome performance was always slower with the old charts as well. The beta chart lag is also noticeable when using global crosshairs between two charts (which I should mention only stays global horizontally but does not move vertically between charts when moving cursor up and down, so another bug I’ve noticed).

1 Like

Can you share if you have indicators or drawing tools on the chart?

I do use a Keltner Channel and Hull moving average but that’s it. However, I tested the new Chart (beta) with all indicators removed and on both tick & time charts and the result were the same: a bit sluggish and nowhere near as responsive as old chart using Safari. Can’t speak to Chrome or the Mac app.

On the Beta Chart the MACD indicator has no way to turn off the differential histogram as can be done on the normal charts. You can change the bar color to the same as the back ground but you then see dashed MACD lines where the histogram crosses over it.

I am unable to link the Beta Charts to the DOM (Dot color).

Is this normal and waiting for it to be not in “Beta” to link up?

What is the fix for this please?
Squares should be circles…smh

How to copy drawing line in Beta Charts? Ctrl + double click does not work.

Hi @Patreze. We will be adding that in an upcoming update

1 Like

I am finding that the Global Cross Hair does not work correctly on the beta chart. The time vertical line works find across all the charts but the price horizontal line does NOT work across the other charts. I also found a strange behavior where when moving the cursor from a chart on the right to one on the left, a horizontal price line remains on the right hand chart at the point the cursor was moved to the left hand chart.

1 Like

Tried attaching an image to illustrate global cross hair not working but not sure it worked.

1 Like

I agree with Don, crosshairs are a mess.

Also, wanted to provide an update to the bugs/issues I’m still finding and would very much like to see addressed before being forced over to the new Charts(beta):**

1. The new continuous scrolling feels sloppy and nowhere near as accurate as the old scrolling. 9 times out of 10 I overshoot where I go or how much to zoom. Old scrolling was far better. Maybe at least give us an option between the two?

2. Indicators often don’t work. OGC Hull trend is a mess as is Volume Profiles (does not display POC correctly, can’t hide the volume and just see VAL, POC, & VAH).

3. Grid spacing is frustrating since I cannot see the same increments of price that I used to on old charts. I know folks have requested custom intervals so that might be a way to solve this but I’ll attach a screenshot to show how on /YM I could see price in 5 point increments but now only 10 point unless I zoom waaaay in which makes the chart uninteliligable.

4. I’ve been trying to figure out why new charts are so much harder on the eyes but I think it just comes down to a poor GUI. The prior charts drew much cleaner lines (moving averages as well as standard lines. Also, and this is a big one: I zoomed in and noticed the old candles all had a faint grey outline around them which made them much more clear to see them whereas the new charts don’t and it makes it more blurry. Also the spacing between bars has gotten closer together which makes them blend together and is more difficult to see. Again, screenshots below to show what I mean.

These fixes would help get the new charts at least back to where to old ones were as far as appearance and functionality.

Thanks!

I am adding the below comments to the Beta Chart but have also mentioned it on feature requests.

I find the current method of autofit to be extremely irritating to the point I must keep it off during the rapid movement of futures trading. It is good that one can set up the autofit to include either lines only or with indicators, HOWEVER, if autofit is on, once a user moves the chart manually it should turn off the autofit until reestablished by the USER by clicking on autofit in chart settings. I want autofit to do exactly that until I did decide to move the chart for a reason such as seeing my stops or entry points. This how autofit works on most of the other major trading software.

1 Like

I am surprised to not see a comment already posted regarding the fact that price values are not showing on indicators such as moving averages even though the Show Value is checked. I am also beginning to wonder if anyone from Tradovate is monitoring these feedback suggestions because I never see comments from them regarding if it is known, will be fixed, thankyou, etc. Is anyone home or is it like the Chat in most of the time no one is on hand.

Hi Don, we see every comment that comes in to the forum and log, de-dupe and track these items. We reach out to users when we require some additional clarity. We’re preparing an update to the chart (beta) to address in a coming release. We will keep everyone in the loop

2 Likes

When you change the color of the Tiki indicators, it messes up the color of your indicator where you cannot roll it back. You have to redo it again from scratch.

Thanks

Just to add a +1 here. Like the new charts, hate that the crosshair isn’t proper on the price axis. Def a bit annoying trying to identify the price point quickly on other charts.