Easily adding Brackets/oco AFTER a position has been opened

I’d like to add brackets (OCO stop loss and take profit) after a position has been opened. That way I can walk away from the computer. I can not find an easy or intuitive/graphical way to do this.

Hi @Henry_Margulies

Do you currently use the One-Time OCO order in the DOM? See this article here:

**Reference the section “Place a one-time OCO order in the DOM

Let me know if this is what you had in mind

Hello @BWeis, I’m afraid it isn’t what I’m looking for. The Tradovate DOM only currently allows for a pair of opposing buy-sell OCO orders. I’d like to have a buy-buy, or a sell-sell OCO pair. So if I enter a market sell position, I can have a buy-buy pair of OCO orders as my take profit and stop loss. And ideally, it’d be nice to do it graphically on the chart as well and not on the DOM only.

But of course, I understand that there are limited resources and other people don’t seem to be looking for this feature like me! I’ll just make sure to use a stop-loss/take-profit whenever I open a position instead of trying to add it later on.

1 Like

I moved this to the Feature Request Category

I’d love to see this too. I can do it on other trading platforms.

1 Like

Waiting for this… Are we able to do it now?

1 Like

Is there on the Road map OCO and OSO orders from the charts?
@BWeis
Thanks

1 Like

I can not find an easy or intuitive/graphical way to do this.

On TradingView you can use the Long/Short tool to visually draw your targets and then right click for context menu to Create Limit Order to confirm Entry, Stop & Profit target or any combination of those.

This would be a fantastic addition to be able to intuitively and graphically create bracket orders in a visual manner.

4 Likes

This is absolutely still needed. I need to be able to enter a position and then set an OCO to close it with 2 separate buy or sell orders afterwards. Walking away from the machine with peace of mind is key

2 Likes

Has there been any update to that request?

2 Likes

Looking forward to this feature

2 Likes

Has there been any movement on this one?

I often ill scale into a postion and end up with more than 1 contract long or short. Because im in Australia trading US futures i need to go to bed at some point. At this point i like to add stops that covers my whole positition long or short (bracket) to cover me. Is there functionality to easily do this that i am not seeing or understand how to use or is this something that may need development?

To be clear, i will not use brackets when building a position (Perhaps i should but this would get messy). For example i may average up or down a position over time. I then need to cover both sides of this position (stop and target) for all current contracts open. Currently i appears i can only set individual orders to cover long and short (not OCO) so if one is hit and takes me out the other is left in the market… Or use brakets on each entry and try to manage all the OCO orders on the chart…

Appresiate the assistance.

2 Likes

This would be a phenomenal feature!

1 Like

Adding to this request. I have had a number of losses created from having individual SL and TP that I set up because it whipsawwed in both directions, resulting in closing my position and opening an opposite position. Today I had a fantastic huge win wiped by this. The whole point of these orders is to prevent that scenario. OCO, or at the least an ability to link orders after creation, is a basic feature on almost every trading platform at this point.

Why is Tradovate so behind? The lack of this basic order feature definitely has me looking at other platforms. I don’t always want to run brackets when I enter an order and the limitations here are without reason beyond not having feature implementation.

3 Likes

I agree adding a bracket after you are in a trade would be awesome features. I use this feature on Tastyworks and Schwab have it where you can right click on any open position and select ‘Bracket’ to add one after you are in the position. Then there is very easy UI to create a bracket by points or percentage.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 Likes

Definitely useful feature for worse case but why not have preset brackets that you always use when entering a position? I learned this lesson the hard way. Now every order i submit is a bracker either long or short. Then just move my stop/profit orders where I want them.

1 Like

I am a new user and frequently used the OCO order at other brokers after I entered my position. I had been searching for a way to enter it from the chart not reazling it may not be a feature. It would be really helpful to have that feature if it is still not available and I would think it should be easy to add.

1 Like

How is this not a feature yet? With all this volatility, this simple feature would be very useful.

2 Likes

I find it comical that everyone thinks this would be a nice add on, when it should have been the second thing created after the buy and sell buttons. I like what you guys are doing but seriously at least add it to the dom. Thanks;)

2 Likes

Exactly, it makes no sense that this wasn’t implemented on day one. That it still isn’t, is just baffling.

2 Likes