Easier One Time OCO

Team -

I would like it to be more intuitive to enter an OCO order (to close - once you’ve already placed an order w/o bracket).

It seems you click on the OCO one-time option, but have to right click one side, and not right click the other?

I get the “wrong combination” error all the time - or accidentally close my position by not right clicking appropriately.

1 Like

Hi @PhineasAndFerb

Right-click on the DOM will send a Stop order and Left-click will send a Limit order. If you want to reach out to the support team they’d be happy to schedule a screen share and walk-thru/explain the functionality so it is a little more clear.

1 Like

I am also interested in this. Phineas and I would like to enter positions without brackets. Then later on if we need to leave the computer, we could add an OCO order: a stop loss and a take profit wherein when one of them is filled, the other is cancelled.

Thank you, and I hope that clarified things. This is a big perk of other platforms like tradingview. Tradovate already has the ability to place OCO orders, but there’s no easy way/intuitive way to do it on the chart. I trade off the charts mostly, so brackets on the charts would really help.

3 Likes

Hi Brian - I have been playing around with it on Demo account and figured it out based on your instructions. Thank you. That helps! I would just say it is not as intuitive as other platforms. On most of them, when you turn on one time OCO - you can hover over the DOM on either side and you will see a “ghost” of the brackets - if you are below price you can click and simultaneously set stop and limit with one click, or if you are above - same. Much easier…

1 Like

Hi, Im also keen to see this functionality implemented.

Specifically, often ill scale into a postion and end up with more than 1 contract long or short. Because im in Australia trading US futures i need to go to bed at some point. At this point i like to add stops that covers my whole positition long and short (bracket) to cover me. Is there functionality to easily do this that i am not seeing or understand how to use or is this something that may need development?

To be clear, i will not use brackets when building a position. For example i may average up or down a position over time. I then need to cover both sides of this position (stop and target) for all current contracts open. Currently i appears i can only set individual orders to cover long and short (not OCO) so if one is hit and takes me out the other is left in the market…

Keen to hear if others are in the same boat.

Appresiate the assistance.

1 Like