Easily adding Brackets/oco AFTER a position has been opened

I’m looking to confirm how this works. I entered a non-bracketed short position. Time for bed so I entered a Stop via the right click on the BID column and a Take Profit/Target via a right click on BID at a lower price on the DOM ladder. Up to pee and checked in on my position and see that it was stopped out at the point of the Stop. But the Target order still existed.

So if the PA had gotten to that level the order would have filled?? By logic, the Target is moot if the position has closed. And this ‘bug’ has existed for more than 2 years without reply by Tradovate.

Does not inspire confidence in the platform.

Any updates? Been long awaiting this feature

Hi! Just checking to see if this feature has been added. Thank you!

Also would love to see this feature added.

I’m scratching my head as to why this hasn’t been prioritized before. I’d imagine this would be the second order feature ever implemented.

Imagine not being able to use the buy / sell buttons in TV (which takes 1-2 seconds to enter a trade) because it lacks the ability to bracket afterwards and instead setting up a long/short position tool (sometimes 5 seconds +) just to miss entries. For those of us who are focused on having specific entries without the extra time to watch the play pan out, it’s a lose lose situation.

Just need TV to be able to shift click on existing orders and drag out an SL/TP.

2 Likes

This is an essential feature that is possible with every other broker I’ve used. Please consider adding.

2 Likes

You are able to add OCOs from the DOM to an existing position. I actually performed a trade like that a short while ago where I had a buy to cover limit order below my short and a buy to cover stop way above it, and when the buy limit was filled the buy stop was automatically cancelled.

But you cannot do it from the charts. I guess you guys are requesting to have that functionality added to the charts. In the meantime, after you get into the position, open up the DOM and create the OCO in there as a workaround

2 Likes

I was looking for this and got it to work on the DOM as well. I also finally figured out you can focus the price axis on the chart with the scroll wheel. (Slightly different than click and dragging with other charting options.)

Any updates on this?

Any updates on this?

Placing different buy/sell and stop losses through the order ticket is not what I’m looking for. All I want to do is add an OCO bracket to an existing trade.

TIA!

1 Like

any updates on this ? need to add an OCO bracket to an existing order… THANKS!

1 Like

any updates on this? its been a wee while… Thanks

1 Like

B.Weiss does not exist anymore
This forum is dead
Guys, you are wasting your time

1 Like

Does the OCO one-time in the DOM not address this issue? After position entered, I can use OCO one-time to enter a PT and SL.

Also waiting for news on this subject. Adding SL and TP to an open position are essential for me on the lower time frames, the order panel alone isn’t practical for quick trades.

This is an easy fix. When you’re in the Tradovate Trader application (web or desktop) open the “Order Ticket” module. You’ll see a little toggle at the top left that lets you toggle between “S” (Simple) and “A” (Advanced). Switch it to Advanced and you’ll see an option to place an OCO one-time order. Just manually enter the SL and TP orders you need and click send. Voila! Your OCO brackets will be placed. It’ll even show up in TradingView as an OCO. Hope this helps!