Allow for Sierra Chart Order Routing

Sierra Chart offers Order Routing from their Denali Exchange feed through TT. There are two big benefits to this. 1) Server-side OCO and Bracket order management. They’ve tested the TT servers in Aurora, IL and recorded 1.5 millisecond routing. Many of us have had the experience of a volatile market pushing our client-side limit order fills 12, 16, or even 40ticks away from where we placed the order. This would alleviate that. 2) Their Denali Exchange offers up to 800 levels of Market Depth vs CQG 20 levels. Tradovate is partnered with Philip Capital and Dorman, both of whom offer TT. Philip told me that it is not up to them whether they can offer a TT connection. Tradovate, give your 3rd party platform users some love. Give us more options for our Datafeeds and especially support the Sierra Chart thing I’m mentioning.

Rithmic data feed would be great as well.

6 Likes

I can’t imagine the reason why 3rd party connections are limited to CQG. If Tradovate is the IB and the FCM is Philip or Dorman, then it doesn’t matter what data provider is used, the Account management part of the equation is Tradovate and the orders are handled by the FCM. From what Philip told me it’s the choice of Tradovate to limit it to CQG, it’s no problem for them to switch over to a different feed on their side. I probably just don’t know a lot of what’s going on in the background though.

4 Likes

Hey! New to Tradeovate here, signed up with Tradeovate for the cross-platform capability plus Sierra Chart and Jigsaw integration.

Any plans on DTC integration? Not thrilled with the idea of looking to another data provider for full support of server side orders. I really like the Tradeovate platform, but have little desire to execute via the Tradeovate DOM or charts unless I am forced to be mobile.

But after doing more digging, it seems the solution is either Tradeovate and Sierra Chart find a way to implement DTC Protocol or I subscribe to another data service (recommended seems to be via TT). Wish I realized this before moving monies, but if Tradeovate is going to advertise SC as one of the main platforms for 3rd Party integration, it seems there would be an effort to implement fully. Maybe I am missing something?

Hope there is a solid solution coming!

BTW- I also posted this at Support for SierraChart DTC Protocol

4 Likes

Bump! Please offer Sierra Chart data and their TT-FIX order routing instead of being forced to use inferior CQG!!!

Is there any ETA on this?!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

CQG data this past week was unacceptable. Tradeovate needs to resolve this by moving their data over to Denali Data feeds ASAP.

4 Likes

Totally agree! CQG’s especially bad in volatile markets when there’s high data load. Same is true for Continuum (CQG rebrand), hence why I ditched Ninja. I guess they just don’t have the infrastructure.

Remember the days when CQG was premium and THE feed to have? How things have changed…

I also don’t understand why CQG still doesn’t offer full market depth when CME has been offering it for several years now… I guess maybe the same reason - not enough data capacity… They really need to up their game!

Meanwhile, Tradovate… Can you allow us to to use Sierra’s feed and their TT FIX order routing, please??? Your clearing firms Phillip/Dorman already support it, so I don’t really understand the issue here. :confused:

4 Likes

I was convinced I needed to take advantage of Tradeovate with my Jigsaw and Sierra. If I cannot use TT, I am no longer interested. Not so modern after all. I do not trade ag products so there is no use for CQG.

4 Likes

Hi Smedley, - I’m in the same boat, Jigsaw + Sierra, with the same issue, want to use Sierra’s TT routing…

But simply “giving up”, rolling over and putting them down as “not so modern” doesn’t accomplish anything constructive, either. Tradovate’s commission (free) model is amazing and worth supporting!

What we should do instead is keep pressing the issue (persistence beats resistance!) with requests and upvotes until they do what they need to and can take our money because I’m sure they wouldn’t mind. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would love to see Sierra Chart order routing and some other data options like Rithmic, Denali, IQFeed, etc, or just have another option with more than 10 depth levels for the DOM.

4 Likes

please support sierra charts

2 Likes

AMP allows for Sierra Chart to use it’s own data feed. I have an old AMP account I don’t use anymore.
Sierra Chart recently was approved for CME I-Link which means that they no longer have to route orders through a third party datafeed. Basically, Sierra Chart will allow for trading their Denali Feed directly (btw it also has MBO data). Denali data allows for up to 800 levels of Depth and MBO (Market By Order), it’s even better than Rithmic in my opinion (I’ve used both).

I’ve been looking at this myself, and I think it can be done directly through Sierra now. They go through Dorman (bypassing tradovate) and route the orders through TT fix. You submit the application directly to Sierra. You get Denali feed and TT routing and unlimited depth data. Also you won’t have to pay the $15 for CQG login and also dont have to pay the extra per side for routing fee.

Check out the explanation: Sierra Chart Futures Order Routing Service With Data - Sierra Chart

Application here: Create an Account, Account Login and Purchase Information - Sierra Chart

2 Likes

I think i’ve tried this in the past but ran into an issue. regardless, I’ve put in the application to see if it’s possible. I think I pay some crazy .15/side right now with CQG. After it’s all said and done that means a commission free account has a cost of $2.98 for an emini NQ round trip trade and then divide the number of trades by $2000/year. It’s still a good deal, BUT you don’t get more than 10 levels of depth or MBO to play with AND if I could avoid the .15/side “routing” fee then that would be ideal. Still have to pay .10/c to route through TT/SierraChart, but if they get their link running by this summer then that fee goes away.

1 Like

What issue did you run into? I was planning on doing this soon. Please write back when it goes through.

1 Like

you can’t do it with tradovate. part of me thinks the “routing” fee is a big source of revenue so it’s not in their interest to allow it.

1 Like

I really like tradovate, and I really like Sierra with Denali/MBO. Please don’t make me chose.

1 Like

outside of seeing the MBO breakdown on a DOM, sierrachart doesn’t actually have anything that uses MBO. I recently got bookmap and they have an “Stops and Icebergs” indicator that utilizes MBO in a simple algo to help with significant price levels. So It’s kind of a non-issue at this point.

1 Like

I’ll look into that. Thanks.

Sierra Chart now offers it’s own Teton Order Routing service for free! This is not TT. They support both Dorman and Phillip. Please Please Please allow for an alternate to CQG and the .15 per side routing fee!

1 Like