Please remove confirmation on bracket orders on Chart

Hi!

When placing orders directly on the chart, it’s a one click deal with limit orders but when on brackets, another confirmation pops up, it’s a big problem when scalping fast moves…

Thanks!

Rob

agree this should be optional, hoprefully doable on the new beta charts, since that was build from the ground up, I think part of the new beta charts purpose was to have the ability to do rapid development on it, and this request sounds like just that.

This might be a bug since all other order types work as expected.

1 Like

Just giving this a bump. This is super important for anyone trading fast moves. I’m really surprised it’s not already there. One of the benefits of brackets is to get orders into the market quickly. Having an order confirmation defeats that purpose.

Thanks,
Evan

2 Likes

I can only confirm and support this request!
Making quick scalp trades with bracket orders just become unnecessarily complicated with that confirmation. While it’s just one more click it’s also a pop-up overlay that obstructs the view on the moving price action and forces you to look at that pop-up only to confirm an order.
Precision and focus is crucial while trading fast-moving products like the NQ at the opening and few seconds can already change the situation. So what I do is repeatedly entering limit/stop bracket orders and canceling them without getting filled only because I changed my mind. And having to confirm each order every time is simply unpractical.
Especially considering that bracket orders inherently have a security purpose by limiting the exposure when the order gets filled while an order without brackets can be placed on the chart without confirmation. So please make it at least an option in the settings to turn that on or off also for bracket orders.
Thanks!

2 Likes

I would also like to reiterate the importance of this feature not only for the user experience but also for the safety of account funds. When I messaged support and asked how to turn off the prompt, I was told that it’s not possible so I’m not sure if it’s a bug or if it’s intentional. What I do is turn off brackets then set my entry, and have the line ready at my SL for when the entry fills. It’s definitely not efficient and in highly volatile situations could lead to a potential loss (or win in the event the it’s a stop hunt or fake out). Additionally, creating brackets manually this way requires being diligent about the orders as it’s easy to forget about an order since they are not connected via OCO logic.

1 Like

I think this one should go in hand with removing the chart ordering to work with the right click instead of the left click, I entered 2 orders today with the left click when trying to move a drawing.

2 Likes

This is extremely important UX for the most critical feature of a Trading app … trading!

1. No dialog/popup should ever obscure important data or price action on a chart or DOM.
  2. Any friction in the trading UX should be scrutinized until trading is as efficient as humanly possible in all scenarios.
1 Like

Any updates on this? Shouldn’t be too hard to fix this annoyance as it’s just a change in the settings… Again, as a scalper trading the NQ opening, this confirmation pop-up on every bracket order is just unnerving and made me miss out on many opportunities!
If there’s a reason to keep a confirmation, please implement at least something unobtrusive like this: 1. first left click to select the price line, 2. second left click+shift key combination on the buy/sell fields to instantly place a bracket order on the chart.

1 Like

Tradovate team!

Any updates on this. I called technical support today and was directed by Christopher to this blog to add my upvote to this critical feature request for the ability to trade bracket orders without confirmation.

This request has been open over a year. Please update us if there is a willingness or boy to make this code change in the tradovate platform? If this feature request is under consideration, please give us a roadmap on when to expect this to be rolled out.

Thanks

1 Like

We are evaluating this for inclusion in the application. Will keep the forum updated as it progresses

Moved to planned and assigned for development

2 Likes

This will be coming in our next release. Please keep an eye on the release notes and versions

4 Likes