Indicator overlays

Hi Team
Loving all the new features you guys are cranking out!

One request would be to allow the combination of two indicators on the same lower chart.
For example - Volume with RSI. Or MACD with Money Flow, etc…
would allow us to keep more screen area for the candlestick charts.

Example with 2 indicators on the same space below the main candlestick:

yes, i agree 200% please let us overlay indicators on the lower charts.

You can actually do this - just add the indicator to the chart area you want to see that indicator on. There’s one issue with overlaying MACD and RSI however and that issue is scale. MACD is roughly between positive and negative 2 while RSI ranges from 0-100, meaning MACD will look like a tiny squiggly line on the same chart as RSI.

If you want to play around with it, look at the indicator settings when you go to add an indicator. There is a section below ‘Input’ called ‘Add as…’. There is a dropdown menu below. If you have any areas on your chart other than the main chart area, they will show up. So if you have RSI as an area on your chart for example, it will show up under the dropdown menu. You can also change the input to an existing area. As a real-ish example, I like to put long moving averages over the volume chart, using the volume chart as input.

2 Likes

I was looking for the same type of solution but the scaling when combining the MACD is an issue.

Since this doesn’t really work for the MACD, do you have or know where I can get the code to add overbought and oversold lines to the MACD indicator?

Thanks