Strategies & Back Testing

I would really like to see automated strategies, be able to back test it, etc.

I saw some discussion of this on a post labeled “3rd Party Algo’s”, but since that is really a different animal, I thought I would break this out into its own separate topic.

Hopefully others out there are wanting this as well and it will get some votes :slight_smile:

Thanks again for allowing the users some input.

Donovan

This is part of our roadmap.

There are a few dependent pieces in front of it in the queue, but we’re certainly moving toward adding this. I will keep this thread updated as we continue to progress.

2 Likes

With the update to our charting internals now in Beta, our next big project will be strategies in Tradovate, automation and backtesting.

6 Likes

That is really good news!! Can’t wait

1 Like

I’d love to be able to set conditional orders, triggered when price closes above or below a moving average line.

For example:

If 5-min candle closes at or below the 9 EMA, close my position.

Thanks!

Hi @David_Michaels

Stay tuned! We’re working on adding strategies, backtesting and automation to the platform.

6 Likes

Are there any plans to enable automatic trading based on specified conditions or indicator alerts on the Tradeovate platform?

I would love to request this feature. My strategy has very specific rules that could be programmed and run automatically by a computer. My friends who use TradeStation can code their own algos for automatic trading. Can Tradovate offer this feature too, pretty please? :slight_smile:

My strategy uses specific size volume and time candles, their relationship to certain exponential and simple moving averages, and the time of day. So the algorithm would need to be able to identify and use that information.

Even just alerts based on indicators would be valuable, but if we were able to execute orders off of them that’d be even better.

I also hope to be able to create automated algos via the javascript code and be able to backtest it. Right now I’m having to consider how to possible do this via tradingview routing into tradovate, and it would be so much less cumbersome to just have it execute directly on the tradovate platform/server

Any update to this? Can we expect any release date? complete version and beta
I would love to test the Beta.

About to download ninjatrader just to experiment, but would be awesome to keep it all in one place!

i use 2 time frame for entry so pls make it possible as well. i.e stochastic on 5 minutes and macd on 30 minutes. any idea when it will be feasible ? i m using TOS right now because as they could do this

@BWeis
Is automated strategies and backtesting per this thread available now? Or, is it still in the works? Any general ETA if not now?

I too would love to see an automated trading system just like in Tradestation. Hopefully this feature gets implemented soon.

Any update on automation within Tradovate? Thanks!