Ruler and ratio ruler

I would like to see a Ruler to measure points or ticks. There is a nice one on Ninja Trader where you start wtih a dot, extend a line, then can extend any number of lines from the origin.
Also, along with the ruler concept, it would be nice to have a TP ration (1:1 – 1:2 – etc.) ruler.
Thank you.

TradingView has some nice tools that do this as well, something to reference for a Tradovate version.

2 Likes

That example looks like it would be very useful. This would be an excellent addition.

This looks helpful as well. Simply being able to draw an “extended line” — dot to dot to dot would be helpful in many ways (and part of this would be the ruler tool and the 1:x ration tool). I want to draw, for example, a Wolfe or a 123 bounce line – I am new, but feel that I would need 3 -x different “lines” instead of being able to extend the line(S) point-to-point.

Are you talking something like this?

You should take a screen shot of what you’re referring to to help iterate your point.

yes we allready have something to forecast the operation we just need the detail of amounts that could be used as a ruler please please at least the details…

Voting for this feature to be developed and added to Tradovate’s drawing tool.

In version 1.210108.0 all drawing tools will have a tooltip which can be enabled by clicking and holding the Shift key and then moving your mouse pointer to hover over the drawing. This tooltip will show statistics on start/end time, number of bars, start/end prices, number of ticks and number of $ difference.

Examples below:

Looks like you just added details to existing tools, is there a “Ratio Ruler” in there some where that was requested in the original post? I’m i missing it?

1 Like

A new tool was not added, you are correct.

With regard to measuring points or ticks for a range, the line tool, or rectangle handles much of what the original poster had described.

As always we’ll listen to feedback and iterate

Shift and Right click on the drawing tool?
if that’s the correct way of pulling up the ticks for a specific range its not working on my end personally

@Algosdontlie

On version 1.201218.0 (currently in our beta version as of this post - 12/21/2020). Clicking and holding the Shift key and then moving your mouse pointer to hover over the drawing will show these statistics.

You can check out the beta versions HERE: How to Access the Beta Versions of Tradovate Trader