I am not able to get Symbol Data

I subscribed to activetick yesterday and started using their market data api today. So far I’ve tested their historical tick data and real time streaming tick data and both are working fine. I can’t comment on the accuracy of the data yet but the api is straightforward and the documentation seems to be accurate. See: ActiveTick MarketFeed API Reference

For futures tick data you need their professional MarketFeed subscription ($99.95/month) plus the cme exchange fee which is $105/month.

Sorry I can’t offer much more than that but at least activetick seems to deliver as promised where tradovate does not.

3 Likes

I just evaluated ActiveTick’s MESZ2 feed and they unfortunately aggregate individual trades that happen very close together in time. If there were trades of size 1, 1, 2, 1 all within a few milliseconds of each other, ActiveTick reports a single trade of size 5. Interactive Brokers also does this which is why I turned to Tradovate’s API in the first place. Tradovate did not aggregate the tape.

1 Like

Curious if anyone on the thread was able to restore the Tradovate API service yet on a non-professional license?

1 Like

I told support that CME has still not replied to me and I wanted to know how much I would have to pay and if there was further clarification they could provide about the steps to get access to the API. They just told me to contact CME and left it at that.

I think I will probably try Rithmic and move on.

Have you raised this with support?

I didn’t because I run a fully automated trading system whereas this FAQ is about semi-automated systems.

Has anyone tried TradeStation? It looks like they have an HTTP-based API, which is news to me.

Regarding Tradestation only cons is you need $10 K. Do someone know if some of the leaders are still working in here??? I have tried to reach them about this incredible issue and they are not answering

Thank you all for the information on alternatives. I’ve been shocked that Tradovate did not release documentation on how to get reconnected and even more shocked nobody at Tradovate has come in to do some PR on this thread over 9 days. I will also be exploring alternatives and will start with some of the above mentioned options.

It seems pretty basic, like the TD Ameritrade API. Only offers minute bar aggregations. No tickstream (realtime or historical). No volume profile information.

I found the ActiveTick is only supply market date ,so It need place order in other platform,like tradovate?

I got the ILA from CME and the API is working again for market data. I signed up for AcitiveTick while waiting for the ILA but could not align their tick stream with CME/Tradovate (as someone mentioned in another comment) and gave up on ActiveTick (at least for now).

what all did you have to do to get the information license agreement with CME, what did it cost and how did you get Tradovate to recognize it?

Thank you very much,so now need pay $390/month for CME ILA and 25$/month for TR API :sweat_smile:

hi,did you test the TD websocket API? it has the tick stream?or level2(market deep ), the delay 500~1000ms is acceptable for the free price

i spoke with CME. they want $390/month for data license. just for running automated trading system, no display of data. im considering it, and other sources of data, i.e. other brokerages.

yes,390 for one market,like CME,if you want CL ,need another 390$.now I want integrate TD api,It delay 0.5s but is free.My automatic trader can not make profit continuely

This is a complete failure of communication from Tradovate. Anyone know of any other online brokers?

2 Likes

I see it was a few month ago but if you still there could you tell me about TD api. I thought they don’t have one that allow you to make a robot.

Are you guys saying that the realtime data described in the documentation doesn’t work?

If so that’s baffling… no idea why anyone would pay $25/month if what’s documented doesn’t even work!

I’m currently running into an issue where I always get websocket: close 1000 (normal): Bye when I try to subscribe to md/subscribeQuote… thought it was an error from my side but looks like live data streaming just doesn’t work!!!

UPDATE: Found the answer here, CME has once again increased the barrier to entry, you need to be a licensed sub-vendor, costs $290 a month: Is CME sub-vendor requirement for API access is $290 per month

Guess I’ll stick with my TDA implementation…