Draw lines beyond current price

Need to be able to draw a line beyond the current price.

Attention to this would be really good to make drawing lines functional in all practical purposes.

Many thx

Hi Mart

If you draw a line on your chart, you can double-click on the line to open a configuration modal. I this modal you can set the line to be “A Ray”. This setting will extend the line indefinitely in the direction it was drawn:

Thx BWeis but I was looking to be able to draw the line beyond current price to where I want rather than the line extend indefinitely,(?)

It makes quite a difference in their usability.

Many thx

Got it.

Moved this back to Feature Requests (where you had it originally).

Thanks for the clarification

Hi BWeis.

Thank you.
Please delete the other post. I re-posted because I thought it was in the wrong section.

To elaborate:-
3 issues or Feature Requests:-

1) As per first post, it’s very difficult to draw a sloping trend Line to the current bar
and then constantly adjust that line to account for subsequent bars, especially on short term charts as bars print quickly.

Having said that, I can draw the trend Line as a Ray and then revert it back to a Line via the check box.

But it’s just not practical in real time to go through the following six mouse clicks:-
ie:
Click on Drawing Tools icon on chart then,
Click on Line icon, with default set to Ray then,
Draw the sloping trend Line, as a Ray then,
Double click on drawn Ray line on chart then,
Un-Check the box for Ray, (to have the line drawn shorter all be it now to the bar and not beyond it to where I want it) then,
Click Save.

I’m needing to go through this process for every trend line I draw .

Hence my initial request to be able to draw a trend Line to a point on the chart beyond the current price.

2) Also it would be good to be able to customize the icons that appear on the chart as the cursor hovers near top left.

This would reduce the clicks by one, from (first click) Drawing Tools icon then (second click) Line icon straight to just (one click) Line icon.

3) Lastly, I’m often finding having selected to draw a Line and applied my first click from where I want to draw the line (even as a Ray) then click the second point of the line, it doesn’t draw the line. Often I have to try this two or three times for the line to appear.

Hope that makes sense.

These issues (for me at least) are really important points for usability.

Again my thanks