Breakeven offset stop with Trailing option

The breakeven offset stop currently only works as a static stop. Please add option to make this a trailing stop.

This! Trailing stops are badly needed with this platform

2 Likes

There was another thread requesting this as well. It is badly needed. It’s making me reconsider a different trading platform. The code is already there so it shouldn’t be a huge hassle to implement. There just needs to be a configurable auto-break even type, static or trailing.

2 Likes

This is similar to this request Convert Fixed Stop to Trailing Stop

@BWeis if you merge these requests and add up the votes I think it becomes the most requested/voted feature in here. and doesn’t seem that complicated to add.

2 Likes

As mentioned above, this is similar to this Convert Fixed Stop to Trailing Stop

@BWeis if you merge these requests and add up the votes I think it becomes the most requested/voted feature in here. and doesn’t seem that complicated to add.

1 Like

yes, please consider it, thank you.

1 Like

Yes, this is a much needed feature.

Not only is there a need for the possibility to set multuple positions for a trailing stop change (i.e. enter at 8 profit/20 stop, change at 3 profit/8 stop, change again at 5 profit /4 stop change again at 6 profit /2 stop) plus a breakeven at 1 profit/-negative- 10 break even). In other words 4 changes on position with both a negative from zero and a positove from zero on the breakeven. This is something that Ninja has had for years and I left them as they became too high and mighty with their own clearing house. They had a wonderful entry system but I could not stand to be with them anymore after many years. Took forever to get any answers (which Tradovate is very good at) but that was not the only problem with them that changed over the years.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to do this for a while now so that I can set up a bracket that would catch momentum trades that run. I’ve had to revert to doing it manually by cancelling the “STOP” after the “BREAKEVEN” parameters have been meet and manually adding a “Trailing.Stop” on the chart.

The ability to enable a “Stop” that turns into a trailing stop after “Breakeven” conditions have been meet would be a very useful addition!

Below is an example of how I would set this up. (if enabled, the “BREAKEVEN STOP LOSS” type would cancel and replace the normal “STOP LOSS TYPE”.

ex:
QTY: 1
TYPE: SL Only
TAKE PROFIT:
STOP LOSS: $300
STOP LOSS TYPE: Stop
AUTO BREAKEVEN: On
PROFIT TRIGGER: $145
BREAKEVEN OFFSET: $50
[AUTO BREAKEVEN STOP LOSS TYPE: Trailing.Stop]

I agree, having a breakeven option with a trailing stop would be very beneficial. As @jmiller8031 mentioned before, all the coding is already there, but the breakeven settings go away when you change the stop type to Trailing.Stop. If this can’t/won’t be done because of legal or regulatory reasons, can an Admin or Developer say why?