Trading Range Indicator

Can anyone here recreate this indicator for Tradovate?

thanks

Bumping this to see if anyone out there can help with this indicator.

@MadCat @djtankadin have you seen examples of this indicator developed for other platforms, and if so can you share the code?

I only know of the one I found on the twoleggedpullback(dot)com site. It was for Ninja Trader only so i didn’t buy the code for it since i don’t use that platform.

When i get extra money i should just buy it and see if i can get someone to convert it to other platforms i use.

Hey @tikidave, thanks for looking into this.

There’s one that I’ve tried using on Tradingview by LazyBear. It’s in Pine Script and I’m not sure how to recreate this in Tradovate. Hoping this helps!

Here’s the link to the Tradingview Range Indicator:

Nice find @djtankadin - very simple logic here, was able to recreate it for Tradovate!

Check out the Tiki Range in custom indicators.

1 Like

I’m going to check it out right now

1 Like

Wow! That was super quick and great work. Is there a way to limit the amount of ranges shown? Just don’t want the charts to get laggy or messy over time.

Unfortunately it’s not possible to hide plot lines that happened in the past, and it also wouldn’t impact performance as those calculations should be cached and not recalculated, if that makes sense. There’s probably other ways to clean it up, like waiting a couple bars for confirmation to avoid messy ranges like this:

1 Like

That would be awesome!

Great work @tikidave!

BTW, if you use the graphics API to draw the lines instead of plotting it, you can limit it to just show the last one (set global = true); however, I found that the graphics API is not as performant when compared to using the plots. The graphics API also only work with new Chart module so there’s that too.

1 Like

I have not had time to delve into the graphics API but it’s on the list! Love your work btw @latter-day-trader :slight_smile:

2 Likes