Tiki Opening Range: Need Help

Hey Tiki, I am also having issues in plotting the 30 sec OR using tiki opening range. I use a session only chart. I am in the UK so my trading hours start at 1:30 pm. Robert from TopStep also tried to sort this out but was unable to. Asked me to reach out to you. Thank you.

@tikidave is there a way to modify your indicator to also include premarket high, low and mid?

In the Tiki OHLC indicator, set the start time to the premarket session, similar to what I have (east coast time):

@tikidave, could you please update the Opening range indicator to just draw line at custom time e.g., first hour trading e.g., 830 EST to 0930 EST? I absolutely love your indicator so thank you in advance.

Hi Dave! just found someone using this indicator on Tradovate. Can you post the link or code for the indicator? im newer to tradovate. ty

hey steven, welcome :slight_smile:

my indicators can be accessed via the Indicator button at the end here:

then, select “Explore Community Indicators” and search for “Tiki OHLC” to find it

cheers!

Hey tikiDave, I’m having problems with one of your indicators “Tiki WAE” the new update keeps auto resizing the bars and it makes it really hard to see all the bars. Is there any way to fix this or download the previous update ? Thank you.

Hey there, will give it a look

I put in a fix for the autofit issue and shared the changes, let me know if it worked!

Still having issues with it, I was trying to see it under community indicators for an update but it’s glitching right now so I’ll check back later to try again.

Thank you it worked. I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Hi @tikidave, I sincerely appreciate all the work you’re sharing with the community for free. A BIG THANK YOU!
I know it’s not the topic… I’m trying to code something which is very simple on other platforms, the difference of a Moving Average and it’s prior value: MA > MA[1] then… or MA<MA[1] then… but failed so far to find the solution. Any clue? Thanks again

Ah, such a simple idea, I like it! Here is the code, let me know if you would rather me share it as an indicator:

const predef = require("./tools/predef");
const meta = require("./tools/meta");
const SMA = require("./tools/SMA");

class TikiSmaDelta{
    init() {
        this.sma = SMA(this.props.period);
    }

map(d) {
        const avg = this.sma(d.value());
        const delta = avg - (this.avg || avg);
        this.avg = avg;
        return delta;
    }
}

module.exports = {
    name: "tikiSmaDelta",
    description: "Tiki SMA Delta",
    calculator: TikiSmaDelta,
    params: {
        period: predef.paramSpecs.period(14)
    },
    tags: [predef.tags.MovingAverage],
    schemeStyles: predef.styles.solidLine("#8cecff"),
    areaChoice: meta.AreaChoice.NEW,
};

Thank you so much @tikidave. The purpose is to integrate it into a code where
Close > MA && MA > MA[1] and opposite for Short. I guess many people would love to have it as a module ready for integration into something more elaborate.
THANK YOU!!!

Ah! Glad I could help, hopefully the code makes sense and you can see how to obtain a prior value.

1 Like

@tikidave Just tested the code. From Maths stand point, the calculation is correct. However, the plotting of the Delta (which I don’t plan to use) seems to be incorrect. As you can see from the example attached the SMA (50) is decreasing and the plot at the bottom shows increasing, but the calculation of the Delta in the DataBox is correct. For me, what you have already done is enough. Thanks!

@

Dear Dave, I’m struggling to have the EMA of the CCI plotted on the same graph (sort of Signal). The same principle works on the RSI but not on the CCI. I adapted this code CCI and it's Signal. Could you please review it and tel me what I should correct to make it work? Thanks a million.