Show PNL on Position Line on Chart

i would agree. An options to put it in ticks, or points would be my preference.

Thank you for this, is there any way that the PNL data box can be moved off of the price axis and closer to the current candle?

1 Like

Or just the space needed to avoid that working orders covers the PNL

Or number 2, by inverting the order on how to display PNL, first the numbers, then the currency

this is why it is unusable when scalping – I am not fast enough to move or place orders on the DOM and when you have price PNL, tp or sl at the same location on the price chart axis, it’s easy to lose money because it’s almost impossible to select the right one and or what if you move the wrong one?

What are you talking about? " to select the right one" what does that mean?
The Pnl is UNDER the order price on Y axis. So you can’t go wrong with it

I found this addition extremely helpful for scalping

Anyway if the currency is located after the pnl should be better
You have more visibility of the Pnl

try on a mobile web, then get back to me. I can do it on tradeview not on tradeovate mobile web. i have to trade on the train ride to work. To be honest, i got tired of fighting the chart trading system on tradeovate. it is not very trader friendly. That’s why tradingview is needed. Others probably tradeovate no problem, for me – its still a baby charting package that severely needs to grow up to what us traders can use and most of all, count on.

1 Like

Would it possible to switch PnL to show points/ticks instead of dollar amount? Same in the upper panel. Showing dollar amount effects my psychology in managing trades. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Alexander,

as many users have noticed and reported here, the last trade price is lagging a bit the price movement so the price line is not well synchronized.

But…

There is a study called “NOM COLORED PRICE LINE” that fit perfectly the price movement (in the candlestick) with ZERO lag.

Would you please consider the logic of this study and replace the current “Last trade price”?
This is very important

Again it is very accurate, no lag never even in a wild fast market

Thanks

Here’s a brief video of comparision

I am not seeing this option on my charts? Does using the beta access trader application mean I cannot use it to trade live with or in market replay?

1 Like

I know that this was added about a month ago but it would be nice if this was also added to the SL Line as-well.

It would be very helpful to see how much profit or loss you’re locking in. I understand that if you’re doing a bracket you can figure it out rather quickly but if you add a buy or sell by clicking on a spot on the chart its not as easy, especially as quickly as things move when trading the NQ.

1 Like

I don’t see this as an option in chart settings as of 10/17/2022?

1 Like

What happened to this feature?

I trade on their desktop app and it still works for me, but I have to trade off a chart on the main Tradovate window. If I open a chart up on a separate window and trade off of that, it doesn’t display the PNL on the position line. Maybe that’s the problem you’re having too?

Any updates on topic: displayng points/ticks on chart instead of dollars i know its on doms but thats just not it… i would love this feature and as i read others people aswell ! thanks for any reply