Fibonacci negative values

please add the ability to include negative fibonacci values in the drawing tool, ie -23.6, -61.8, -100

I personally use it for my profit targets.

also the drawing of the fibonacci is confusing as I have to ‘reverse’ plot my draws. I like to start my fib at the start of the move and see where the ‘retracement’ occurs - not start the draw at the end of the move. very confusing

I second that. Although, when I do Fibonacci price projections, they are labeled 1.618, 2.618, 3.618, 4.236 (see image below, from tradingview.com)

So, allowing fib markers in the opposite direction (projections) with user configurable targets would do just fine.

Yes please. Surprised there’s no option for this

At least -23.6 and -61.8 by default if we can’t customize negative values.

I’m surprised that this has been requested for a couple years now and hasn’t been made available.

It’s almost a must for ES/MES trading.

This is really needed but I guess its falling on deaf ears. Time to change brokers maybe!

We’re working on building this drawing tool currently. Here’s a preview. Let me know if there are features that are necessary on such a tool.

Currently it uses adjustable anchors and can be used to plot against both up and down-trend markets. It needs some finishing touches, but I should be able to release this soon.

UPDATE:

You can customize the stop points and colors, up to 16 points + colors, whatever you enter (down to -4.618 or -461.8%). So it can handle positive and negative percent values. Let me know if there is more that you want from this tool, otherwise I will release it Friday as-is. Here’s a pic:

1 Like

The Improved Fibonacci Retracement tool is live as of now. Check it out!

Thanks @Alexander , now we need a fib extension tool that uses 3 points. point 1 + 2 that measure the distance and point 3 to anchor the new fibs from :grinning:

1 Like

Alexander - Thank you for creating this tool. The only problem is the shadow coloring. For instance, if I want to change the 1.382 from its default purple coloring, say to white, it ends up as grey. The text goes to white but the shadow doesn’t.

Thanks,
DBBrown

As an addendum to my reply, I guess the shadow coloring I’m referring is called opacity. There should be a way to change or eliminate the opacity using a scale. Refer to Sethmo’s Golden Fib. tool as an example. Many traders use two Fib. tools on a chart at once and having this, with reduced or eliminated opacity, would be great to use with Sethmo’s.

Thanks again.

Hey @DBBrown,

I released an update to this tool so you can set a global opacity and you can change each shade - I’ll warn you though, the parameter list isn’t pretty! I’ve submitted a ticket requesting a feature allowing a user to define parameter groups or at least some kind of separator parameter item. In the mean time, although it looks messy, it does allow you to set custom shades and change the opacity.

Thank you, that’s alittle better. The only problem is that changes I make and save as default are not saved overnight once logged in the next day.

Hello Alexander!
thank you for a creating this tool however there is a one difficulty.
when i set my customized settings as a default it doesn’t applies to a new charts. i mean the new chart will have the improved fib retracement tool however i will need to customize it again which takes a time. is there any way to apply my settings to all charts ?

@Alexander I was searching on being able to have negative fib numbers and found this thread, but I cannot seem to get any negative numbers to show up when I draw it. What am I missing? If I draw a fib retracement and double click on it, none of the number selection boxes will allow me to put negative numbers in either. Thank you.

There are a couple of drawing tools in the community indicators that have been added over the past year that allow this. A good new one is the fib, retracement tool by FourC. Just keep in mind, for negative levels (those levels below the zero level) you obviously use the negative sign and input as - 0.- - - (for example: -0.382). It will show up on the chart as the -38.2 level below 0. Conversely, levels over the 1 level would be input as 1.382 for example and show up on the chart as level 138.2. For levels between the 1 and the 0 level, you don’t use the negative sign (for example 0.382 which would show up on the chart as level 38.2.

Perfect - found it - thank you very much!

Hello everyone
New to this platform, I cannot save the settings of this indicator after modifications on TSTrader
I modify the default settings to my own settings
Then
I save to default settings
then it works well within my cession
But when I close TSTrader et reopen it again My defect settins are not saved so back to standard default settings
Is there something I’m doing wrong ?
Thanks for your help !

hi. I can modify the fib indicator to show what you’re looking for. Dm me at obacommunication@gmail.com

Hi Alexander, I am new to the platform. How do I get this Fib tool added to my desktop app?

Please disregard, I figured it out. Thank you!