Can we use Webhook from Tradingview to place order with tradovate?

There are as of 2022 an astounding 1 Million Trading View customers. Like all of you, I learned Pine over the months to finally have my Algo, and now wish to actually use it on my live, real Tradovate account. Yes, the alerts are great, but the “Gold Standard” has always been automatic trading. It is incredible to me that NO where on any of these sites is an actual ANSWER: How to actually trade your Tradovate account with a TV Pine Script?

As of early Jan 2022, here are my questions to all 3 vendors, I give these to you to see, and will post any answers I get.

My response to Tradovate after yet another useless “answer”:

Dear Tradovate, Your software engineers really worked hard to create your new great API. And there are so many of us (1 million) with TradingView accounts and Pine Scripts. How can it be so difficult to run this with your API ? How can I not receive an actual answer? Here is the “answer” I got yesterday:

You will see that this basic question has been asked continuously since June 2020, and this is not an answer.

The HFT solutions seems to be some fake Indian company. The Auto View solution I have subscribed to and tried…but as the long list of questions on that site indicate, all of us simply get “Access Denied” responses from Tradovate.

Whatever true answer there is to this basic question must exist with your software geniuses that wrote your API.

I hope you can answer this for me, and the many others waiting on a true answer.
Thank you for caring,
Brad Gunn

Here is my question to Trading View:

Hello Trading View, Please tell me Trading View finally has an answer to this constant question? How to connect our Strategies to an actual account. I have a Tradovate account, and I only get meaningless answers from them about this. Same with TradeStation.

Recently Tradovate has drastically improved their API. But no one seems to know how to make it work with your Trading View scripts. I tried with Auto View, but the same issues. Their help page is full of similar un-answered questions.

It is not only me, Brad Gunn asking about this. Please tell the many of us about the progress you are making.

ps, I will gladly bore you with their “answers” if you ask, but there is no useful info.
///////////////////////////////////////////////
And here is today’s Auto View. I believe there is hope, only today Jan 7, 2022 CryptoRox created a new discord channel expressly for this question:

1. LasVegasBrad Today at 1:02 PM

Dear Rox, I have just today recieved another non-answer from useless Tradovate “help”.

1. [ 1:03 PM ]

The incredible dumb answer I got was to use “HFT Solutions”.

CryptoRox Today at 1:05 PM

Understood. We will get you there, and they will soon be recommending using Autoview (edited)

1. [ 1:05 PM ]

1. [ 1:06 PM ]

We will remove the development links for the future. I believe this should help everyone get connected. Once connected, we can make sure everyone’s getting orders as expected.

What is the Discord server you’re referencing here?

With the NinjaTrader buyout of Tradovate, it seems a moot point now.

Glad I quit already!

I just sent this thread to the Autoview developers. I think the problem lies in here. Soon we will break through to live orders. But I agree support seems a bit vague on these forums.

Sorry, when I said “this thread” I meant to link to this one which seems to discuss our issue directly.

Has there been any progress made on this? I would like to be able to run tradingview on auto-pilot as well. I have a working strategy that would make a lot of money for me if i could run it 24/7.

Not that I am aware of. I’ve tried several avenues and it seems to be a limitation in the API.
I have since switched to Quantower and it is amazing.

Guys with a little bit of work and ChatGPT to help you out, you should be able to make it work using a Lambda from Amazon. I did it with another API and it worked.
The TradingView alert webhook can be the event that triggers the Lambda to inject the execution code in the Tradovate API.

Or simpler than that you can code your Pinescript strategy to C# or python without all the risks that Alert-Automated Strategies have.
Some guys on fiverr are specialized in the PineScript to NinjaScript conversion, and it’s very cheap.

I did it with 0 knowledge and 1 week of hard work. You should be able too.

The problem is within the Tradovate API. Maybe it is different now. The last time I tried working with it was over 6 months ago. I have since moved all of my money, indicators and autotrading bots (bots were on NinjaTrader) over to Quantower. Straight up C# and full access to the Quantower API. Broker is AMP. Zero issues.

Trading View can’t place trades though can it? Even with a Pinescript Strategy it has to be sent to a 3rd party?

I will look into this Lambda. However I have stumbled on another option called Tradeconnect, which spruke that they are the only ones that connect from Trading View to Tradeovate for automation.

Hey NorthStar,

I am on Quantower as well it is a very solid system.

Could you help me with any information about the bots you recommend or have potentially built?

Regards,

Shane

@Shane_Anderson

Good news to Every Tradovate User who is seeking Autotrader Bot.

Successful Gamechanger Development Outline :

Using a Webhook in TradingView in your TradingView account and configuring it to send HTTP POST requests to the endpoint URL of my Custom Python application. When the conditions of the alert or strategy are met, TradingView will trigger the webhook and send the processed data to the Python application, allowing it to process the signals and execute trades on Tradovate via Tradovate Rest API.

Tech’s details: Python, C++, and Javascript.

Note: Setting up the alert condition or strategy rules based on your trading strategy.

Anyone interested in getting this solution tested and to purchase?

Hit me up and connect!

Email: mhsofttech1@gmail.com

Discord: Muhammad Haris#0336

Telegram: @haris0336mh

1 Like

Hi Muhammad,

Let’s do this. You’re help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Shane

@Shane_Anderson @NorthStarDayTrading

Please contact me on my Email

mhsofttech1@gmail.com

I have contacted you on email. Thanks.

@Shane_Anderson

ok I have responded.

Thanks

For anyone in this thread thats still looking for this^ You can set up a Heroku app that receives webhook signals and sends tradovate orders. Been doing it for about 8 months with no hiccups