Can I use the Python with Tradeovate's API?

Hi there,

This is my very first delve into programming and I am starting completely from scratch. I understand what I need to do to get API access within Tradeovate, but right now I am just trying to figure out what programs I need to download on my Mac to get started. I am also wondering if I am able to use a Python algo within Tradeovate (I want to use Python because I heard it is the simplest language to learn).

If anyone could give me some guidance as to how to set everything up on my Mac, that would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

I am totally a noob to this, so please cut me some slack if I sound dumb LOL

Luckily the API is language-agnostic, meaning you can use any language to write a program using it. Things that are nice to have in a language however are native JSON features (that’s a check with Python, btw). I have written a little bit of Python myself and I will agree that it has a pretty easy learning curve. With any language, always make sure you start with the basics. In your case you really want to have a firm understanding of HTTP requests before you start trying to write an API driven program.

I have been using python extensively with tradovate rest api and websockets as well

How has is gone with learning and developing in Python. Thinking about doing the same thing and wondered how successful you were.

Mark