Attach DOM to Chart ( Chart DOM )

In Sierra Chart there is a way to have a DOM attached to the price scale (y-axis) of the chart. The advantage to this is huge because with cross-hairs enabled, placing bracket orders according to levels I can clearly see on the candlestick chart next to it allows me to skip the step of looking at the Price level of one chart and translating it to a separate DOM. I can also do things like right-click to move all stops or targets to a price and left click to place the trade. Currently Tradovate makes it so that you can right click to place an explicit limit buy or sell regardless of the underlying price and then left click to place an ā€œautomatedā€ buy or sell. This is pointless because ALL orders should be ā€˜automatedā€™ so that they donā€™t immediately trigger when placed with a click. if I wanted to simply accidently buy or sell at the wrong price then I could just click the market buy or sell button. I digress, it would be great to have a DOM attached to the chart for so that I can place and manage orders more easily.

5 Likes

Note that the chartdom actually allows for market depth and pulling and stacking columns and volume profile and volume bars at price and it can actually get VERY loaded with features, but I strip it all down to just simple columns that I click to place and manage trades.

1 Like

mmm the doom on the chartā€¦ thatā€™d be pretty neat, the doom is basically useless on MNQ in itā€™s current form, this would actually be pretty usefull, I like this suggestion.

1 Like

This would be nice! Especially with the delta on the bottom like that.

1 Like

Even if the DOM isnā€™t attached, it would be nice to have the ā€˜global crosshairā€™ show a price line in the chart when your cursor is hovering in the DOM. TOS does this and it takes me extra time to confirm my chart level and then go back to the DOM to place the order.

3 Likes

Moved this to feature requests so people can vote.

Please please add this. Iā€™m currently trying to line these up by hand and itā€™s a total pain (still worth it though). It works as a nice bridge between the footprint and the dom. I think thereā€™s a couple platforms that allow this (EdgeProX, Sierra I think).