API Testing

Hi there,
I generated API keys and trying to test it as per the details provided in the FAQ. When I click the API Doc link specific to the API Key in the application setting it is directing only to the document page and no test environment ! How do i test my keys are working fine ?
I followed the instruction per below link:

Thanks

Hello @kaygee,

Maybe it isn’t that obvious, but the docs are the testing environment. You’ll notice you get a quick redirect right away…that’s a web request locking your key into the environment. Scroll down (or use the sidebar) to navigate to an operation, then look on the right hand side. You’ll see a button that says Interact. Click that and the swagger UI will expand below the operation in question. You can fill out your paramaters as JSON. Your access key is preset so you don’t have to worry about anything other than the parameters. Hope that helps!

Alex

Got it… Thanks Alex.

1 Like

This is not working for me. I’m continuously getting access denied on my requests in the tradovate api environment.

Don’t forget to authenticate with an access token first, which is done with the green button at the very top of the docs page.

If you need to create an access token to copy-and-paste in, you can do it with the auth/accesstokenrequest endpoint first.

This explains how to enable API access on your account, in case you haven’t done so yet.

1 Like