2 legged pull back for ES

I see a very good indicator called Price Action Swing, is it possible to change the code to count legs?

any one from the who group can respond on this please? can we use price action swing to count legs?

1 Like

Since this is a legacy indicator it uses a plotter native to Tradovate that can’t be mucked around with. They have some new chart features launching soon that will enable us to recreate something similar there.

How do you envision it counting legs? Any example screenshots on other platforms?

What i really want to do is have something like this: https://twoleggedpullback.com/ with leg count and automation.

2 Likes

@Maan_86

Yes that would be great, I also like there Range Indicator as well.

1 Like

Sign me up as well :slight_smile:

i added my vote for it

I would also be very interested.

Did they remove this “Price Action Swing” indicator from the app? I cant find it in both the included indicators and the community indicators

Like this, Tiki

You thinking about trying to code this one? I think you should call it Tiki Two Legs :slight_smile:

I had created a first version of this a while back for fun. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough experience and knowledge about counting legs to be sure I did it correctly (nor do I have access to the indicator on other platforms to compare). If the community is willing to give me a well-defined list of counting rules, I am willing to clean it up and fix any logic errors. So far, this is what I went off of:

1 - Up leg starts at a bar when the following bar has a higher high
2 - Up leg continues when the following bar has a higher low or the same low
3 - Down leg starts at a bar when the following bar has a lower low
4 - Down leg continues when the following bar has a lower high or the same high

a - The counter can start at 0, 1, or any other number the user sets
b - The counter continues to increment at the next leg if the next pivot is higher than the previous pivot for an Up leg or lower than the previous pivot for a Down leg
c - The counter resets if the next pivot is lower than the previous pivot for an Up leg or higher than the previous pivot for a Down leg

Those are the rules so far. What am I missing?

What do I do if it is an outside bar where the following bar is both a higher high and lower low? The few times I watched byebyemoney’s stream, he once briefly mentioned that something needs to be done differently if it is an outside bar. He didn’t say what. He only mentioned it in the context of Mack’s indicator having trouble with that part.

This is what it looks like so far. (The pink bars are outside bars.)

1 Like

Have you seen this video about counting legs?

Thanks @Geoffrey. I have seen this video and used it as my starting point. I am reviewing his other tutorial videos to validate what I have done.

As an update, the core leg counting logic lines up so far with what byebyemoney has put out. The missing pieces relate to coloring the leg numbers. For instance, on up legs, he uses dark green to indicate second entries and light green to indicate a normal pullback(?). I have decided that this could be included a later release.

On the business side of things, I do plan to charge for this indicator. It has taken many hours of work and I expect many more to come to make it better. Not sure what the price point will be yet. It won’t be as much as what bbm charges, but enough to make it worth my while and to provide the tech support that will sure come. I am leaning towards a lower cost monthly subscription option.

@latter-day-trader

Thats sad to hear I despise the subscription model, Adobe has ruined the world by making it popular.

@MadCat

Thanks for the feedback. I am still considering all the options. I may provide both, a one-time payment and a monthly subscription.

I have shared my Leg Counter indicator. It is free to use and only counts legs, but should still be useful. The upgraded version is in the works (no ETA).

3 Likes

@latter-day-trader

Nice work as always

1 Like

I hope you guys are finding use in the Leg Counter indicator. :moneybag:

Haven’t had much time to work on the supporters-only, advanced version recently. Leaving on vacation for a week then will pick it up after I get back. If you are interested in becoming a supporter, visit buymeacoffee.com/latterdaytrader and sign up for the Future Indicator membership. (Non-membership, one-time supporter options will be available after the first month. Gotta see if it works for you first.)

But here is a sneak peak of the configurable options I have so far:

• colors for up and down numbers
  • colors for up and down background circle
  • colors for trapped circle
  • show or hide the leg lines
  • upcoming leg count and associated colors
  • current leg line color
  • “trapped” tick size and color when it is shown (purple circles)
3 Likes

@latter-day-trader thank you for putting the free indicator together, I’ve been looking for this same thing for Tradovate for a while. I installed the free version through the web platform → community indicators, but nothing shows up when I load it up. No leg counts, no numbers, nothing - what am I doing wrong?

@juan

I’m not familiar with the Web version but i’m sure this will only work on the New charts ( not the Legacy chart) and it only works on Time based and tick based Candles.

Double check and make sure you are using the supported Charts and Candle types.