Unrealized Profit Loss Chart

Within the performance display there is a chart for P&L HISTORY (CUMULATIVE WITHOUT FEES) and also one for P&L HISTORY (CUMULATIVE WITH FEES). I would like to propose adding a third chart referred to as P&L HISTORY (UNREALIZED).

This would give traders a significantly better picture of the actual risk they are assuming on an intra-trade basis. To accomplish this, the x-axis of the chart could be set to a 5 second time interval and compressed as traders spent more time in more trades. The chart would effectively show the max run up and max run down within each progressive trade relative to the days overall P&L.

I would like to see a historical visualization of my drawdown and potential profit within a series of trades so as to better determine if my discretionary trading methodology is optimizing risk and reward, or requires adjustment.

Thank you for considering.

Yes. This would be very useful to traders. We only see the actual trade we make. Having a performance display that shows unrealized P&L during any and all trades would not only give us insight into the actual risk associated with that trade, but also the actual unrealized gain at a give point in time. Maybe we clear $500 on trades, but the highest unrealized gain was $1500. That’s easy to forget. Or, maybe, we have positive trades that turn negative and get stopped out. That would be useful to know, to see on a chart, even overlaid on the price chart.

I tried to vote for this, but I am out of votes. If anyone else is having that problem, I have posted a suggestion to increase the number of votes so that Tradovate can see an accurate view of what upgrades traders would like to see in the platform. With the current system, they have no idea what traders think are good ideas to improve their system. How can they? We are not allowed to vote for what we think are good ideas, ideas that would improve their platform.