Show executed market orders on the DOM (Jigsaw style)

Can you please add two columns to the DOM that show executed market orders at the bid and offer (the basic Jigsaw DOM). I try to recreate this myself by using a combination of the current DOM and Bid-Ask volume chart (marketdelta), but its not that great.

I like this idea. Please add

2 Likes

I created a request to flesh out the Tradeovate DOM but did not highlight this great point. We need more options in the DOM to make it a go-to.

Support/Developers: Please flesh out the Tradeovate DOM and use things like Daytradr as a template or a deeper partnership for a web/cross platform App to solve this (yeah, I know that would be a massive undertaking)!

Here was my request (admittedly a bit convoluted):

"
Could we get a more in-depth/feature rich version of the Tradeovate DOM?

I use Jigsaw Daytradr and when I am forced to use a very basic DOM, it forces chart trading only. This may not seem like a concern until you try Jigsaw, then after a little while you realize just how much you were missing in a basic DOM and chart.

Web based would serve a couple purposes:

Provide a more rounded trading platform for Tradeovate users

Provide more cross-platform options to attract a wider audience

Potentially bridge a gap by fleshing out the web version of Daytrader, opening the door to training and resource sharing between two good companies (Jigsaw has some great training and partnerships BTW)

Raise the bar in the type of user that would consider Tradeovate for higher volume trading
"

5 Likes

Could we get a more in-depth/feature rich version of the Tradeovate DOM?

I use Jigsaw Daytradr and when I am forced to use a very basic DOM, it forces chart trading only. This may not seem like a concern until you try Jigsaw, then after a little while you realize just how much you were missing in a basic DOM and chart.

Web based would serve a couple purposes:

1. Provide a more rounded trading platform for Tradeovate users
  2. Provide more cross-platform options to attract a wider audience
  3. Potentially bridge a gap by fleshing out the web version of Daytrader, opening the door to training and resource sharing between two good companies (Jigsaw has some great training and partnerships BTW)
  4. Raise the bar in the type of user that would consider Tradeovate for higher volume trading
2 Likes

Hi @TSI

Thank you for these insights. It’s easier for the team to improve the dom on an agile and feature by feature basis. I made a request on adding the note taking feature found on Jigsaw. If you find it useful for your style of trading, please consider voting for it below:
https://community.tradovate.com/t/add-note-taking-column-to-the-left-of-dom

Thank!

1 Like

We are evaluating some additional columns for the DOM

9 Likes

It would be nice if data from Tick Stream was available in DOM, similar to Jigsaw DOM. I personally find it very hard to keep an eye on both panes (DOM and Tick Stream) at once.

2 Likes

I know this has been asked in the past, but it has been close to a year since it was asked. Can we please get a counter for orders filled at the bid/ask. Can we get more customizability for the DOM in general?

3 Likes

So will this ever be added? I do not see what the problem with adding these simple columns to the DOM is. It’s a simple ease of life add-on and I just do not understand how almost a year after requesting this change its still being “evaluated” as if its a decision that might have downsides. I’m sorry if this comes off as rude or pushy but I just feel like this change is long overdue…

5 Likes

Please enhance the Tradovate DOM to the level of the Jjigsaw offering and take the market :slight_smile:

Thank you!

3 Likes

Could Tradovate let us know if there is any update on this? There was an ask for specific DOM features. If this is what you are waiting on, here you go (others feel free to add):

1. Provide two additional histogram columns, one for trades on the bid and one for trades on the offer.
  2. Provide a button which will reset these histograms to 0.
  3. Provide two additional columns (one for bid, one for offer) to show pulling and stacking of orders; ie the quantity of contracts added or removed from the market depth in real time.
  4. Provide the ability to reorganize/add/remove/move all columns.
2 Likes

Great summary

Please also add

• auto recentering of the dom with button, hotkey and/ or after a certain (configurable) number of ticks
3 Likes

What is the update on this, are Tradovate looking into this still? This is a. big part they are missing out as it is pretty much industry standard now. Can I please have an update n the plan if the DOM will show executed market orders like Jigsaw?

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Can we get the dom to look like the jigsaw DOM, it would be super helpful

2 Likes

I would also like to see the executed order on the BID/ASK like jigsaws. that would be very beneficial for use of the DOM in Tradovate

2 Likes

For everyone else asking, I wonder if the reason Tradovate can’t or hasn’t done this is because of Jigsaw maybe having that part of a DOM legally protected? Look what happened to market delta when they didn’t protect their things, they only trademarked the names such as “footprint”… Every broker copied it with a new name and now market delta is no longer.

At least thats why I would like to think Tradovate hasn’t added this to their DOM.

It may also be a data feed issue. I think the CGQ feed that tradovate uses has limited visibility into where trades take place (on bid or offer) which is needed for this feature.

I would love to see a full DOM. Currently it only shows ten levels.

PLEASE for the love of GOD add this feature. It is a necessity for price ladder/OF traders.

4 Likes