Minute Data API

Hi Tradovate Support Team is there any diagram related on how the api/sockets works? I’d like to create a program that gives me latest 100 minute data from NQ and create a simple bracket order in MNQ?

100 minute data(latest 100 quotes 1 minute)

What would be the flow? What are the api paths I need to consider… Thanks

Hello @lmonteromForum,

You’ll want to use a Market Data socket to get the chart data. You can read about using WebSockets with the API here.

We currently are having an issue with our orderStrategy family of endpoints - this is due to a known problem related to what should be visible to public API users (and orderStrategy belongs to a category that is not publicly visible). This means you can’t start a bracket strategy using the standard orderStrategy/startOrderStrategy endpoint.

What you can do, however, is use the /order/placeOSO and /order/placeOCO endpoints. OSO let’s you define your entry, while the bracket1 and bracket2 fields will allow you to define your TP/SL brackets.

The whole app flow would go something like this:

• acquire an Access Token using your API credentials and the /auth/accessTokenRequest endpoint documented here.
  • create a new WebSocket. Connect on the market data URL - wss://md.tradovateapi.com/v1/websocket.
  • use the WebSocket.send function to send the md/getChart request to our servers.
  • add a listener to your socket using either the WebSocket.addEventListener function or the WebSocket.onmessage handle. This function should process the incoming data and decide if the program should buy, sell, wait.
  • a condition is met that tells the program that it’s time to act - you have 2 options:
    1. Send the order via WebSocket protocol
    2. Send the order via HTTP protocol

Either option is fine, but the protocol varies slightly.

For WebSockets, you’ll connect the socket then use the WebSocket.send function and endpoints with no leading slash eg. order/placeOSO. Parameters for WebSockets are separated by \n (newline) characters.

For HTTPS, you’ll use something like axios or just basic fetch to make the request to the full endpoint eg. https://live.tradovateapi.com/v1/order/placeOSO. The parameters for the HTTPS endpoints are sent either via the query string or the request body, stringified.

Thanks @Alexander this is pure gold !! Is there any implementation using Python?