Can someone please explain this on TICK STREAM

This can’t be good…

all I did was change the filter and the order changed from red to green???
same exact order, why did it change colors?

3 Likes

You can find an overview on the coloring on the Tradovate Tick Stream here

Right, I am pretty sure understand the colors and always have, but changing the filter for volume SHOULD not change the color, right?

2 Likes

I posted the same issue weeks ago, but did not get a reply.

4 Likes

Sort of a big deal I’d say… Like, if I see a large order (I normally filter for 49+) I could totally make a wrong decision if that color is flipped for no reason.

Might have to have the T&S of another platform going. #smh

1 Like

I would guess it’s a bug with the aggregation algo. If you’re a tape reader you probably need to use a functional, customizable Time&Sales so you might want to consider an alternative

1 Like

well of course it needs to be functional. the only real customizable thing I’d like is audio alerts for certain sizes. I’m only looking for simple, specific things – nothing super elaborate for how I read the tape… been down that road; it’s too much for me.

1 Like

I’ve requested a feature for this to be fixed. (This is a bug, in my opinion, but whatever.)

1 Like

This issue still exists today. I’ll have to use a different broker. I don’t think Tradovate is making any effort to fix it.

1 Like

I would bet they are trying to fix a lot of things with NINJATRADER as the new owner. I’m not giving up on them yet. But till then… different broker it is.

1 Like

When you change the volume the Tick Stream volume filter, it will only read the market orders sizes that are at or above the volume size you select. For example I use 3 tick streams simultaneously. Top “0” Middle “8” and bottom “40”. The colors are presented based on the activity of the order sizes of each of the filter sizes as they are tracking different Market order sizes. I hope this helps. “0” tracks all market orders sizes, “8” tracks market order sizes from “8” and above and “40” tracks Market order sizes from “40” and above. These are my settings. Feel free to set up Market order groups as I have done, or a single Tick Stream to track whatever range suits your trading strategy. I hope this helps.