Can someone please explain this on TICK STREAM

This can’t be good…

all I did was change the filter and the order changed from red to green???
same exact order, why did it change colors?

3 Likes

You can find an overview on the coloring on the Tradovate Tick Stream here

Right, I am pretty sure understand the colors and always have, but changing the filter for volume SHOULD not change the color, right?

2 Likes

I posted the same issue weeks ago, but did not get a reply.

4 Likes

Sort of a big deal I’d say… Like, if I see a large order (I normally filter for 49+) I could totally make a wrong decision if that color is flipped for no reason.

Might have to have the T&S of another platform going. #smh

1 Like

I would guess it’s a bug with the aggregation algo. If you’re a tape reader you probably need to use a functional, customizable Time&Sales so you might want to consider an alternative

1 Like

well of course it needs to be functional. the only real customizable thing I’d like is audio alerts for certain sizes. I’m only looking for simple, specific things – nothing super elaborate for how I read the tape… been down that road; it’s too much for me.

1 Like

I’ve requested a feature for this to be fixed. (This is a bug, in my opinion, but whatever.)

1 Like

This issue still exists today. I’ll have to use a different broker. I don’t think Tradovate is making any effort to fix it.

I would bet they are trying to fix a lot of things with NINJATRADER as the new owner. I’m not giving up on them yet. But till then… different broker it is.