API password?

Just a quick question: When you set up an API key and when it promps you to decide to make a dedicated password, is that password the one you use when logging on?

For example, when it askes you for “name:, password:, appId:,” and so on.

The dedicated password is to hide your real password. So if your key ever became compromised, you could just delete the key and your personal data would remain secure. When you ask for an access token from the API you’ll need to provide the dedicated password instead of your user password for the “password” field.

I tried all the passwords I know, unable to get auth token, (via swagger interaction or via curl) how would i verify or change the password i used to setup API, my password ends with XX! and when i use it in the curl command, i get…

curl -X POST “https://demo.tradovateapi.com/v1/auth/accesstokenrequest” -H “accept: application/json” -H “Content-Type: application/json” -d “{
"name": "justwill",
"password": "XX!",
"appId": "trade api key4",
"appVersion": "0.0.1",
"deviceId": "73bb0f1e-b0ad-9bf3-a47d-d4cdf8779a62",
"cid": "1858",
"sec": "xxxxxxx redacted xxxxxxxxxxxx"
}”
-bash: !: event not found

Invalid JSON: missing required field “password”, offset: 0x000000cc

if i try a password without the ‘bang’ / “!” i get a different error…
{“errorText”:“Incorrect username or password. Please try again.”}

there is only 2 pieces of info required for the curl command the secret, which is given to me, and the password i created when enabling API access…

so i need a way to check, change or just delete this password and start over pls.

thx!

Did you ever resolve this?