Warning... Atomic Clock

New warning message that appeared approximately 1-2 months ago. It is HIGHLY irritating.

I can’t sync my computer perfectly to the atomic clock and I don’t care. I don’t need to be reminded EVERY time I log in.

Please remove it.

1 Like

@MrSaltie, we introduced this warning because some users complained that they saw some issues if their system clock was off and couldn’t figure out why they were seeing issues. If your system is less than 15 seconds off, you will only notice a note above the environment choice, but if greater than that, there is a warning to update your clock.

Ok, thank you for the info. I reset to within 15 seconds and no annoying message on login.

My personal opinion is that this message is an issue because it is just a matter of time before my computer strays by more than 15 seconds (I understand that this is the whole point of why you did it).

It is just highly irritating to myself and likely everyone else who does not need this message. It is realistic to say that one may have to endure this message at least 200 times each year (with multiple logins).

Where is the atomic clock located? Thanks

in the atom.

…………………

what a smart answer, did u learn that in your girls scout club??

Right click the clock on the taskbar. Click “adjust date and time.” Click on “Synch now.”

2 Likes

It seems to be less than 15 seconds. The official time here: National Institute of Standards and Technology | NIST
says my clock was off 3.994 seconds. This will NOT sync your computer clock!
To sync your clock in Windows, right click the clock/date icon in the Taskbar, go to Adjust date/time and choose Sync now. On a Mac, go visit the “Genius Bar” :rofl:
An annoyance, but it prevents terrible Tradovate problems, like blank screens, missed stops/entries, etc, it’s worth setting every day to me.

I get the message often. I search time and toggle the daylight savings time and other setting, then log back in