Vertical Time Line - Hopefully an easy one

I am hoping this is easy. I am just looking for a indicator that plots a vertical line every day at a given time

IE… I would like to plot a vertical line at the open (or any inputted time) every day so I can easily see it when looking at higher frame tick charts.

Maybe this is already out there, but I could not find it.

Thanks much,

Donovan

Hey @Donovan_Ward

I haven’t seen anything like this yet myself either… I think it could be done, though it could be tough to have it work on every time frame. To code it, there are two “tricks” to pull off:

1. Converting the time into the right place on the chart. This could be done by looking at the time of the bars in the chart and using some logic to place the line according to where those bars are… it would take a custom plotter and some trickery with p.x.get

2. Getting the right scale for the vertical line. You’d want to line to span the chart without expanding it. You might be able to just use the lowest low and highest high for the chart as the Y coordinates. Again, would be done in a custom plotter though.

That’s as good as I can come up with for now. Good luck!

p2f

Okay so this is obviously not as easy as it appears!

Thanks for the info - that gives me something to work on and play around with,

Appreciate you taking the time to respond,

Thanks much,

Donovan

Any luck on getting something like this to work?

I made a TOS script to add vertical lines at key parts of the day, open close, lunch , open’s for other countries, Things that happen every day, with the lines right on the screen… it is harder to miss or forget about.

Wanted to make something like that for tradovate but i atleast need some sample code…
I can hack and modify stuff usually to meet my needs, but I am not good enough at coding to come up with 100% original stuff…