Orderbook Heatmap / Historical Market Depth

What does near future means in this case ?

1 Like

market depth heatmap is pretty much an industry standard at this point. we need this.

1 Like

The key to the heatmap is not implementing it, the problem is getting more than 10 levels for all the CME tickers, otherwise would be less beneficial having just few levels.

1 Like

If you implement some nice tools with it, you can gain some nice insight with just 10 levels. Being able to see short term pulling and stacking that supports a move can be more beneficial than and order sitting 25 levels above the book for days.

I would have to agree with you on this.
I am currently using JigSaw, and it is a great tool. I wish it had a better heatmap like Bookmap.

A post was split to a new topic: DOM Pulling / Stacking

Would be a great feature to include an Orderbook Heatmap / Historical Market Depth.

1 Like

Up vote for more datafeeds choices and MBO from rithmic

1 Like

Can’t wait to try this out. Patiently waiting!

Is there a rough ETA on when this might be available at this point?

@BWeis
Any update on when this feature may come out ?

Thank you

We’ve shifted focus a little to adding additional columns to the DOM as the limitation on CQG data (only showing 10 bid / ask levels) has made this (heatmap) less attractive to our users.

We continue to have discussions with CQG about their timing around increasing the number of levels available

2 Likes

@BWeis
You are correct with inly 10 levels, you cannot take full advantage of it. Now, are there are plans to support Rithmic data feed in the future?

No immediate plans, however…

If you use/like Bookmap, they have written to our API as an order execution route. In this way, you would be able to use Bookmap with Rithmic data and route orders to your Tradovate account

3 Likes

I understand, I don’t have bookmap or have rithmic. I hope CQG comes out with more market depth to make this more attractive.

Thanks

It sounds like one would pay for and use Bookmap, pay for Rithmic MBO data, and execute/route to Tradovate? So, one would have the benefits (and cost) of the MBO Bookmap world but have the very low execution pricing from Tradovate? If so, does Bookmap formally support this approach?

1 Like

It is my understanding that this would be supported:

Data from Rithmic, order routing through Tradovate

1 Like

You can have Bookmap for $40 in TOS and it comes with full order book in the heatmap and data (VP, bid/ask delta).

Just be aware that Bookmap via TOS has less features than the full desktop version of Bookmap, i.e. add-ons, custom columns, and trading.

1 Like

Need more liquidity levels, 10 on each side doesn’t make the cut. Will be switching brokers soon.