Ichimoku Clouds

I’d like to see these added

1 Like

Hey @BWeis I have some interest in tackling this but can’t find anything out there currently that’s drawing clouds. Is this possible yet with the existing plotters?

1 Like

Oh, looks like maybe possible by drawing wide lines at each bar, with an opacity setting…

That approach should work. An overview of the available plotters can be found here:

I would love to have the Ichimoku Cloud available too.

2 Likes

@paidtofade were you successful in painting a cloud using lines? I tried something similar for a different indicator and wasn’t able to get the widths lined up properly.

Hey @nom28! Yeah, generally it worked out ok. Since they come out as rectangular, it looks a little wonky when filling in space of curved lines. I played around with line widths until I got a fair balance between filling in the space and not exposing the corners of the lines too much.

If you search for “dnaLikePlotter” here https://tradovate.github.io/custom-indicators/, that has an example custom plotter that’s doing a “cloud” using lines. I used the same approach for the Hurst Bands indicator I made, check out https://github.com/paidtofade/tradovate-indicators/blob/master/hurstBands/p2f-hurstBands.js#L90 for the plotter for that one.

Awesome. Two votes is enough for me. @BWeis and @Tull I’ve got it next on my list now.

That’s great news @paidtofade. Thank you!

Hi Guys!

I have already written Ichimoku clouds as part of my move over to tradovate platform.
Used mt4 coding experience which had similar limitations , to migrate the indicators I use.
Let me share it in community code.

Just migrating to Tradovate, and start getting into the tradovate forums.
sorry just saw the posts.

1 Like

preview

Hi!

Shared Ichimoku Cloud indicator via community share.
Look for Trafs Ichimoku Cloud.

Inputs:
tenkan period (9*): The number of bars used to calculate the Tenkan plot.
kijun period (26*) :The number of bars used to calculate Kijun, Span A, Span B, and Chikou plots.
*default values

New user here. I have coded few indicators for personal use as part of migrating to Tradovate.
I will share them over here.

*First share here. If any issues please let me know.!

Regards
Trafs

1 Like

Trafs,

Is there any chance that you can extend the cloud into the future? right now it stops with price but one of my buying conditions is that the cloud ahead is green. Would this be possible?

Best,
Tick

Thanks for the suggestion, that worked awesome! Thanks to @traderin_inifni !

Hello.
Merri Christmas!!!
I read your post.
I’m a beginner developer learning TradoVate.
I need cloud indicator code for Tradovate.
Can you help me?
Best regards.