Grid Lines Chart settings

Would be a nice feature to customize the grid lines on a chart to a certain setting. Could be set to show the grid lines every 4 ticks, 8 ticks, 12 ticks, or by points from a price starting point.

Agree. In thinkorswim you can set a “custom interval” between grid lines, so for example, if you like trading the ES, an interval of “1” (4 ticks) would be best for me. Not the odd computer-generated interval where grid lines are set at some random fractional value. This makes it easier and faster to know where you are and order quickly on the DoM with 1 click.

Yes, that would be really nice, especially for us that trade the really small time frames where every small tick matters.

Definitely, custom grid values would be awesome. Presently it resizes to strange values, such as 1.25 points between grid lines. Either 2 or 4 ticks would be more consistent and sensical

+1
Really need this. I often find it impossible to trade because I can’t do this. Very frustrating.

is there currently any way to set custom fixed grid points - i want there to be grid lines displayed at every point as well as every whole point displayed on the point axis.

for example, i want (2667, 2668, 2669, etc. to be displayed), and for this effect to persist no matter how zoomed in or out i am.

Gotta have control of grid line spacing, like in the old OEC trader!!

Yes!! Please add this feature already! It seems so basic like I should be able to have horizontal grids at every 4 ticks so I can easily reference my spacing. Not have to try and guess with horizontal lines 16 ticks apart or some other random interval that is constantly changing.

Please add this feature. We should be able to fix grid line spacing to be able to easily reference spacing at any moment on the chart. Rather than having to guess and figure it out every time the chart moves and the spacing changes to random intervals.

I am considering switching to Tradovate full time from another brokerage and this seems like a must have feature for most futures traders because of the nature of a lot of futures strategies in the futures markets.

Every single tick matters and being able to easily reference and count ticks is a fundamental aspect of futures trading. With random and constantly changing horizontal grid lines it makes it very difficult to be able to monitor this. However being able to fix horizontal grid lines to a constant interval allows each trader to set this marker however they need for their unique strategy. Ex: every 4 ticks (1 Pt).

Thank you.

1 Like

This is a must and should be easy to add. Please Tradovate, make this happen!

2 Likes

It’s been 2 years since this very useful feature has been requested, and it’s still not implemented…
Is it really that difficult to have a fixed grid?

3 Likes

Just setup my account and deposited funds. Waiting for it to post but this is disappointing to see people have been asking for this simple feature for so long and it has not been granted. You would think if NinjaTrader bought them out and they have it, they would implement the feature. Meh.